So I’ve been a little MIA lately, I had a good friend of mine pass away, followed by my grandmother just recently. She truly taught me unconditional love. Unfortunately she fell to the the disease of dementia.
Rest in peace, I will see you in your next life. You were the best of us. I love you endlessly.
I on the other hand have been learning a lot about tiny living. A few words of advice:
- Things will constantly change. I pulled out all of my winter clothes from storage (I cheat a little storing a few things at my parents house) and now temperatures are back in the high 80’s and I have bags of clothes with no where for them to go. I’ll end up buying some additional shelving, but always plan ahead!
- Always take into consideration your height. I initially bought a very thick mattress for my loft without even thinking about space issues before I moved in. Luckily it sold and I have my thin mattress now (and I am lucky that I am only 5’0″ tall!).
- If you don’t absolutely need it, get rid of it.
- Make sure things are properly sealed. There are bugs in Florida. It happens. Basically just don’t leave food hanging out and you will be good! I keep everything in the fridge.
- Have fun decorating! If you don’t like to move things around you might get frustrated. You will be thinking of new creative ways for storage and how the home looks in general so make it fun and play around with it! Seriously, it’s not much work in a little space; but will have generous rewards when completed.
Now that I may have talked you out of tiny living, let me give you some of the things that I love.
- My beautiful view I get to wake up to every morning.
- My crazy awesome neighbors who help me find solutions to problems that arise (when they can).
- Exploring – there are always new places to go or events to attend where I live. Drum circle this weekend!
- Taking my beloved (Nesta my pup) to the dog park for her to play.
- Vegan options in the area!
- Being grateful for life in general! Tiny living is an amazing journey. It’s kind of the little things you learn to do for yourself, even something as simple as changing a propane tank (hey – I had never done it before!)
Being adjacent to Winter Park.
https://instagram.com/p/9lbeMRCF1i/ (puppy park video)
We all go through crap, but overall…
There are many, many days like this for me. ❤